Monday, January 26, 2009

Travelling Bead Artist



One of the things I love about being a travelling bead artist is all of the folks I meet and get to reconnect with. And so it is that last night I had dinner with the Lovely Lisa. I met Lisa two years ago at the Great Lakes Bead Guild's Bead Daze and loved her immediately. She is smart, warm, funny, kind and does beautiful beadwork. Lisa picked me up, brought me home, provided me with wine (see why I think she's kind) and showed me some stunning beadwork she's been doing. You'd think I'd have pictures, but.....I was enjoying myself and forgot. Suffice it so say it was a really nice evening. Donna co-owner of Studio Beads joined us and many a laugh was had. Yes I have a really, really good job!



Yesterday the class did Les Perles de la Mer, a beaded bead project.

There was Nada, new to right angle weave who did a fabulous job.






And there was Jackie and Mary and Annette and Mary and Fay....I thought I had Fay's picture, but apparently I was so enamored with Faye's palette that I only took a picture of Fay's beads and not Fay.






Forgive the slightly blurry picture of Studio Beads, it was taken from across the street at the Deerfield Bakery, a quite amazing place, beautiful pastries, cakes, donuts, bear claws, cupcakes.... Yes good beads and good pastry in this close proximity, you have to go!

And today I fly back home to my real life, where I have to finish unpacking and begin getting organized for Tucson.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the fun I had in your class.
Can't wait for the next one.
See you at B and B!

xopattye