Friday, March 13, 2009

Artistic connections

I love my artistic connections. Yesterday was one of those wonderful days when I was able to share my love of beading with a fellow artist. Eleanor is a very accomplished bead artist and uses right angle weave, which you may know as one of my favorite stitches. Thursday we shopped for beads and yesterday we decided to stay home and bead. We admired one another's beads, we problem solved, we encouraged and we had bead breakthroughs. I think we were each influenced in a positive way to try new approaches.

And then Rhoda, Eleanor's mom came home and drove us to their favorite bead store and it was a treat. I got some amazing vintage Swarovski pieces and....I found just the right thing for Kate's ring, it's still a surprise, but I'm darn excited. While there we came across 'Swarovski girl' who Eleanor named Rosa Linda. Doesn't she look like she has attitude?



I've been beautifully hosted and it's been a pleasure to spend time with such gracious fellow artists. Rhoda's home is full of artistic surprises and I spied these little beauties and asked if I could photo them. I haven't shared yet, but I have a compulsion for collecting salt and pepper and this pair captured me totally. I love them!



Today...more bead shopping!

1 comment:

kate mckinnon said...

Ah, exciting! I'm glad you are as energized by our ring trade as I am. Your ring is the companion piece to Cynthia Thornton's neckpiece, which had an exciting adventure in the mails.

Can't wait to see what you came up with!