Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beadwork!

Yesterday we drove to Beads by Blanche and had a sensational day. Blanche knew I was coming, but Wendy didn't and it was a fun surprise. Given I live in San Diego, she wasn't expecting me to walk in the door. Blanche was as warm and welcoming as always and it was great to see her. The store is beautifully stocked with all kinds of treasures, and a huge seed bead collection. Eleanor had never seen so many seed beads in one place and had great time picking colors.

While I was there I saw a bracelet of Shelley Nybakke's, loved it.

Go look at Blanches schedule, Shelly's going to be there with beautiful designs. And Maggie's pieces, a cuff and stunning necklace.



I had a design breakthrough with my medallion piece and bought some fun components to complete it. I expect it will debut in my fall class lineup.

I also picked up the latest copy of Beadwork and was treated to all the beautiful new designs from both the Designer of the Year Series and many others. I think the magazine is doing a great job of presenting fresh new seed bead projects. I loved the feature on Betcey Ventrella, Road to Beads, and Melinda Barta's antique connectons cuff, and Amy Haftkowycz's vintage charm and....well, go have a look, their all great, and oh, there was also this....


A color departure for me, but I love it.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Well that box bracelet just ScReAmS SPRING doesn't it!

Sarah said...

Some lovely bracelet eye candy! I wish Beadwork didn't take so long to get to the UK, I can't wait to see the new issue, your project looks gorgeous.

The bad Liz said...

Marcia - that bracelet was yours? Who are you and what did you do to Marcia? Those colours are so, so not you.

But I love them......

Marcia DeCoster said...

LOL Liz, yes it is mine, and yes it is a true departure, probably won't get to be a habit, what with the inventory of matte metallics I have, but it was fun to mix it up.

Marcia DeCoster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VanBeads said...

Marcia, you were at Beads by Blanche and I MISSED you?! LOL! Nuts... I guess I have to pay closer attention!

I can't wait to make that bracelet. What a fun piece! I can't wait to see the book. It's on my Christmas list!

Pencio said...

Your bracelet is so beautiful !

Les Perles de Pencio