Monday, July 13, 2009

Wedding attire

Well the wedding approaches and my best laid plans didn't quite work as I had planned but all is good.

I finished felting Remembrance and I failed to control the felting process appropriately and I have a very lovely 'shibori'd' scarf, but not the wrap I had planned. It's pretty and I love it, but it's not a wedding shawl to be worn over my wedding attire.





So I remembered a bead fringed pashmina I bought on a magical evening in Capri Italy. It's icy grey fringe and pale blue fabric suits my grey top perfectly. That together with Summer Soiree, the beadwork piece featured in the latest issue of Beadwork, the outfit is complete.




















The Bride's necklace looks like this



It's going to be a happy day and I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Arlenesfelt said...

Marcia, that necklace is stunning!!
We wish you and your family all the best as you celebrate such a happy event.
Arlene and Burt

Lexi Schwartz said...

Love that brides necklace. Was eying your necklace in the magazine. Can't wait for October.