Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beadfest Shopping

Beadfest was a whirlwind for me this year, arriving late Wednesday night, teaching Thursday and Friday, Meet the Teachers Friday night and leaving Saturday morning, whew!

And I still managed to fit in some shopping. A quick lunchtime trip on Friday, straight to one of my favorites, Gail Crosman Moore where I shopped and with Marlene Blessing's encouragement bought these



At meet the teachers I was able to peruse other artists work and after years of admiring Marilyn Moores work I decided it was time and I bought this wonderful basket. I love the color, the jaunty jester points, the shape, I love everything about it!



I'm now in Norwood where I grew up and have traveled memory lane, passing the homes of first boyfriends, various schools I attended, various homes I lived in, various restaraunts I frequented, it's been nice.

Tonight I return home to hugs and kisses from Mark and Maya and my own bed and studio for a few weeks in a row. The fall lineup begins October 1st with Bead Unique's Tahoe retreat and continues on to Miami, Dallas, California, New Jersey, Seattle and more!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You bought from the best! Can't go wrong there:->
Who wouldn't want earrings with polka dots? And that basket is quite the beauty.
Glad your home safe and sound!

xopatty

Katie said...

I love those earrings! I saw them when I was drooling over (and buying a couple) of Gail's beads :o) Those are great treats for yourself! And, after such a hectic weekend, well-deserved, too.

marilyn said...

I'm so glad that you like the basket. It's nice to know that it is in your collection. It's fun that you got to visit childhood haunts. It is never the same, but still a good reminder.
I love Gail's work too, and the earrings are perfect for you.

Artisan Clay said...

Yay! I am so glad to spot this post!
I was at Bead Fest and once I settled into my booth, I noticed you were teaching.
Thanks for linking to Marilyn's work! What a beauty you bought!
I was meaning to search out her work when I saw she was a customer of mine.
If I'm lucky, next time I'll plan better and get out to some classes during the show!
Thanks for the Eye Candy!

Arlenesfelt said...

Your shopping talent for finding the best stuff came through for you again! Beautiful treasures.