Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An invitation to participate

A new colorway of the Medici drops that are in the book. These cz's come in amazing colors, the hot pink being a favorite (and expensive) variation. These earrings would also be lovely done with any number of Swarovski pendants.



The original Medici Drops




Which brings up my desire to start a gallery of book inspired work on the website. So please please, don't be shy, send me pictures of your finished work that resulted from the book (Use my contact page and I'll respond with how to send photos). Try to use simple backgrounds and good light so the pieces will show themselves beautifully.

I'm so anxious to see where you'll all go with the designs I've created. Who's going to be first?

From the introduction 'So gather your beads, fondle them and let them trickle through your fingers as you consider colors and design variations, and then bring your own creative voice to the jewelry by being inventive in your choices. And when you're ready, be inspired by the stitch to create your own designs.'

I look forward to your pictures!

6 comments:

Irene Lenihan said...

I just got my book and I can't figure out which one to make first. It is a great book.

Mari said...

Marcia a sent you emails. I'm worried because so far I haven't received the book. I would like to know when it was shipped so I can check with the mailman. The Kits that you sent me previously got to me in just two days.
Mari from Puerto Rico

BeadsForever said...

I can't wait to get the book!

Lexi Schwartz said...

So are you going to post a resource page for getting some of the items? I know Acme rubber for the cording....

a2susan said...

I would like to know where to get the beautiful cz's for the earrings. They are calling to me for their beauty and simplicity.

Thanks, Susan
(who also takes pictures of rugs, check out my blog for one in New Orleans!)

The Beader's Muse said...

Hi Marcia,

Sent you a few emails and just wanted to be sure you received them. I know you've been travelling, so absolutely no rush in replying, just wanted to be sure that you got them. Drop me a note.

-Scarlett