Saturday, October 31, 2009

Costume!

I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I gave up my Donald Duck costume when I moved several years ago. It is one of those things that I let go that I dearly regret as it was all handmade by me with white fake fur, with the sailors top and a pull on head complete with sailors cap. If only I could find you a picture. At the same time I let go of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum another excellent costume.

I also used to dress the stuffed bear collection in Halloween costumes, and I can't even imagine when I found time to do that, although it must have been pre-beads....

But here is my friend Judy in a most excellent costume, called Shutter Bug!



She's a true talent, having made this costume entirely herself and mind you she is one busy gal, with her fabric shop at the Grove and her full time job at the Fashion College.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

coolmoon said...

The last time I truly dressed up, I wore a hockey jersey, carried a hockey stick, blackened an eye and gave myself a fat lip with makeup. So imagine my surprise when someone from a women's shelter handed me their card for "help" if I needed it. I guess I did a pretty good job on the makeup - but you'd think the DAY would have given away the reason for it....

abeadlady said...

When I did the hockey costume about five years ago, I gelled my hair bright blue. My grandsons got quite a kick out of it. I also did the beat up and bruised thing. It got me lots of attention. I used to have the most fun doing makeup for my patients where I worked. They loved it.