Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Black and White with a punch of Red!

When I was preparing for the Lake Tahoe retreat I had two offers to help with testing the directions for Queen Anne's Lace. Both Liz and Lexi beaded up a sample and when I was recently in Dallas, I brought Lexi the button to make her version complete. I think the results are pretty amazing. I love it when someone beads my design in a totally unexpected (to me) colorway. So fun! I didnt get quite the detail needed for you to see that there are 230 size 3mm crystal ab bi-cones in this design for plenty of sparkle!



And when I was in Seattle this past weekend at Quiltworks Northwest, I came across this 'Tuffet' design by Instructor Myra Mitchell.

I had to buy the pattern because I definitely need one. I can't for the life of me see how it fits into my entirely modern contemporary house, but I love it.

2 comments:

Mikki said...

Love both things! I am so with you on this one. Two of my students are going to be testing my new patterns and I'm excited to see what colorways they will choose. Sometimes I think I get in a color rut and everything starts to look the same.

The bad Liz said...

Lexi's colours are fab! I really like the black and white. How cool is it? I need to get the beads to finish mine.....(or find the beads to finish mine!)