Friday, November 20, 2009

New York!

Well we arrived Wednesday night, which based on Thursdays news was a good thing as a computer malfunction apparently shut down much of the East Coast air traffic. I'm glad to not have been a part of that chaos.

Yesterday we spent the day in Manhattan bead shopping and wandering around Bryant Park. Despite the rain it was a fun day, followed by a fun evening.

I joined a Jean Power class at Beads by Blanche where I made a beautiful geometric star.



I was happy to get through it easily (being peyote and all) although it's not done, I do have the required skills. These could be troublesome as I want to make several more and ....well yeah, time is still an issue. Jean was delightful, and young which for some crazy reason I hadn't realized. And being British she has that charming accent and says things like 'fussy bits' love it!

I was in class with many folks I know and I will hopefully have more pictures tomorrow, but for today I give you a previously taken picture of the most talented and fun 'Suzanne Golden' seen here with one of her demure bracelets.



Manhattan again today with some possible museum visits, before teaching Saturday and Sunday.

No comments: