Sunday, November 29, 2009

On being productive or not.....

I posted to facebook that I was procrastinating....Liz asked on what? Nothing specific really, and everything specific....going to the bank, filing paperwork, making the big To Do list with everything I should be doing....I'm telling myself it's ok to take some time off, I wonder why I don't really believe that.

I'm making earrings for next Saturday night's walkabout, and since I almost never sell my work it feels like kind of a big deal. So why is that yesterday's bit of beading has now progressed to this...and I have no idea what it is, or where it's going and it's using up time I don't have and.....







Sigh....I think I need to relax and see what shows up. The truth is I love this little bauble, wherever it's going. It's time to spend some time beading for beadings sake, and that is just what I'm going to do!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It may be time to forgive yourself and just be with whatever's going on!

Mikki said...

Ditto to everything you said about procrastination. My bauble that has no where to go is a corkscrew with a pearl embedded....I call it a 'spermy', (my students say it looks like something related to that). I tell myself that it's these baubles without a purpose that end up being the inspiration for something new.

kate mckinnon said...

It is good to just enjoy the beads. I had an interesting encounter with a guy on an airplane, who asked me what in the heck I was doing in my tray. I showed him my little beaded bead, and he said "that took you an hour?" I said, "It's my job, isn't it fabulous?", and he said "Yeah, I guess, if someone is willing to pay you for it."

And I thought, how sad that that was the only way he could relate to that excellent little beaded bead.

a2susan said...

It seems to me you're entering a new phase of creativity - it's just waiting to burst out. I'd go with the flow and have fun!

The bad Liz said...

Procrastinizing should be it's own art form - as To Do Lists. I get loads of enjoyment from crossing things off the list. Especially when I add them after I did the task and can cross it off immediately. Still, my list contains dusting and washing windows. Sigh!

Your little bauble is turning out very cool. I spent most of yesterday beading and not doing anything on my list.....(going through cupboards and donating clothes that I don't wear, putting away summer shoes, etc)...

coolmoon said...

How cool! Looks like a button to me, but I see it being used in coorelation with the beautiful silk ribbon you blogged about somehow too. Beautiful, Marcia, as always....

Azure Accessories said...

Such a beautiful bauble...I would love to see what you end up doing with it!!!

Oh my goodness...I'm a huge procrastinator when it comes to housework...I do the list thing and then I loose the list and forget what I was supposed to do so I have to work on my jewelry...right??? :0)

Cheers