Saturday, November 28, 2009

Visions of beading danced in my head....

Much of the night was spent in that odd place between sleep and wakefulness while my mind worked out thread paths for untried projects. One was crystal clear in my mind and was going to be brilliant, but when I finally got up at 5:00 a.m. to put the beads into actual practice, that particular thread path was gone.

There was another in it's place however and I've beaded it up.



It's a clever bit of beading in that it starts with a 3 bead high ladder stitch and then right angle is worked off the two edge beads. I'm just not sure of it's potential yet....

Do you bead in your sleep?

6 comments:

a2susan said...

Yes, I bead in my sleep. Last night I was dreaming of a spiral necklace with a new drop that's just come out.

I love the colors in your new design!

Susan

Arlenesfelt said...

I lay out fiber in my sleep. And in that time between sleep and fully waking up I hatch new concepts and ideas. We need to keep the wheels turning so they don't get rusty!

Mikki said...

Oh yeah! Just as you say it too, seeing the thread snake it's way through beads. Then I wake up just a bit, enough to think I've got it in my head, then drift off again and only the morning will tell if I registered it enough.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one.

Rebecca said...

I so wish I did as I am not a great sleeper and spend a lot of hours awake when I should be fast asleep but sadly no! Next time I am lying awake I will try and turn my mind to beads!

Pepita said...

I think beads before I fall asleep to have a happy sleep!

Creativity By Ann Rose said...

I love this! how creative!