Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'm knitting lace!

I couldn't resist, the winter knitty is out and I found this Bitterroot shawl, lace with beads!

It is my favorite 'accessory' knitting, (close your ears Susan) no gauge required. At least in my book, a shawl is a shawl, it will be bigger or littler based on my yarn choice. And I've chosen a hand dyed Schaefer yarn called Heather. It is merino and silk and so soft, a dream to work on.

This will be my evening, beside the couch project, as there is much beading to be done! I plan on organizing that this weekend, picking pallettes and assembling the supplies. Pictures soon, and speaking of pictures, my new Canon Rebel should arrive this morning. I expect a learning curve, but perhaps by next week you will see pictures with the new camera!

2 comments:

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas, Marcia. I'm sure you'll be missing your Mom, it seems the holidays always make that seem more pronounced than the way you miss them every other day and this first year will be even more so. Sending you hugs.

Bright Circle said...

That lavender shawl is lovely. Looks like pointelle. Is it?

P.S. Hey, CynCyn!