Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The best ever oatmeal cookies!

As promised, I thought you might all like this recipe. They are called 'vanishing oatmeal cookies' well actually they are called 'vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies' but since I don't happen to like raisins in my oatmeal cookies I leave them out. You know how when the lights not good and you think the raisins are chocolate chips and then you get all disappointed because they're not they're raisins, me too...

Vanishing Oatmeal Walnut Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 c granulated sugar
2 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups uncooked oatmeal

and my own personal addition 1/3 c crushed walnuts


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt. Stir in oats and in my case walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen.

These are buttery crisp, not soft and chewy. They are really really good. You might want to make a 1/2 recipe, or share with your co-workers or neighbors or knitting circle as the case may be.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

I have to say, Marcia, that I have been looking forward to getting this recipe since you posted about them yesterday. I can't wait to get home and give them a try!!

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

~Nancy

kate mckinnon said...

YUM YUM YUM. I am TOTALLY going to make these and take them to Denver.

I hate raisins too.

orlyc said...

Thank you, Marcia, looks yummy!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Thanks all, I some times forget people are reading and that I should post what I say I'm going to post, so glad I remembered the cookies today and that they were appreciated.

Valerie said...

Okay Marcia, here's me at Vons after leaving your house and trying those cookies... aisle 5, on my iPhone checking your blog for the recipe! I can't wait to make them. Thanks for sharing :o)

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Thank you!!! Yum, Yum!!!

Nancy said...

They are just fabulous! Even my nine year old who won't eat oatmeal cookies is a convert! Thanks again for sharing the recipe.

Miriam Shimon said...

I had too google my way back to this recipe again! :D I'm so making those today!!! Thanks for sharing! :)