Monday, September 20, 2010

New Rising Sun

Hhhmmm....black and gold, maybe it's a rising sun with an eclipse?

I'm busy working on the second Rising Sun in preparation for teaching it at Blanches in a couple of weeks. I always like to make at least two before I write directions. Often times I will find a better thread path or change things up a little bit. After looking at the first, I see that I've done the bezel differently and the second one has a better fit.



The orange and turquoise sample is going in the mail to Blanche today, so if you've been waiting to see it, it should be there by Thursday. Have a look, I think you will like it!

I love the different gold and bronze metallics in this one. I will also be teaching it at Bead and Button in June. Between now and then there will be a third colorway. I'll go button shopping while in Manhattan and the color will be informed by whatever wonderful buttons I find there. I am quite sure that in the garment district I will be able to find exactly the right thing.

No comments: