Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Another Kiri finished....

A quick soak and some blocking wires were on the agenda last night. Blocking lace is transformative and this Kiri definitely benefited. Isn't the color amazing? It was a Cascade yarn, silk mohair and so pretty. Although not as soft as the one I made using Habu. If only Habu silk mohair would come in more saturated colors.

I finished this one to take along on the Bead Cruise in March. I'm thinking it needs a pretty white dress and some strappy little sandals. I have a dress in mind.....



And I wanted to follow up on an email from an Australian reader whose email I sadly lost track of. She asked about the ruffle scarf. The pattern is Barb's Koigu ruffle by Churchmouse.

6 comments:

Lindsay B said...

that's beautiful! i'm quite impressed!

Bev Moon said...

Hi Marcia: Love the shawl you just finished. You like me just love to knit as much as you love to bead. I just started another lace shawl tonight.

Rebecca said...

It looks so delicate!

Heather Powers said...

This is so lovely, it will look perfect on the cruise.

Marcia DeCoster said...

and I ordered a cream colored wrinkly dress (Ray Harris) and just bought an excellent pair of pants. It now has the appropriate accompanying wardrobe.

Glen said...

Marcia - thank you so much for the name of your ruffled scarf pattern. That will make a perfect gift for a friend and a fun project for me. That shawl is absolutely stunnning.