Friday, June 24, 2011

Save the Pink Bathrooms!

That is the cry over on the Retro Renovation blog posted by Pam. I've been reading for awhile since Kate pointed it out as a great resource.

Kate, Jeannette an I all have homes with 1950's or in my case 1940's pink bathrooms. Mine had mint green accents, tub, toilet and sink. Kate's very own mid century kitchen was featured on today's retro renovation blog.



When we bought the house the floor tile was severely cracked and needed to be replaced. I think we did a fine job of creating a look which is in keeping with the rest of the bath. This room is probably 8 by 10 feet, which is a great sized bathroom. It is also the first time I've had my own bathroom, having shared with family or husband for all of my previous 50 some odd years.

6 comments:

Arlenesfelt said...

I love your bathroom. I am a big mid century fan!

kate mckinnon said...

Your bathroom is the pink bathroom of all of our dreams!

Wasn't it excellent that there was a Kyle picture of you and Mark in the original post that she linked to on my blog?

Marcia DeCoster said...

most excellent! love going bak to that blog post. I sent the photo to Pam who already answered me. She wanted the name of the tile...sigh, if only I were that organized....and actually new it. I did now the brand, that was the best I could do for her.

Pam Kueber said...

Love your bathroom floor and will work to get it on the blog soon. Lovely to see the octagon and dot used in a pink bathroom. I think it's hard to get pinkish dots today. Long live the pink bathroom!

Eliza May said...

Where did you get that bathroom floor tile? Looking for something similar.

jewelry making said...

I'd rather save purple ones! :)