Sunday, October 23, 2011

Back at home

But not quite back in the studio. Although I am beading, the 4th book project is taking shape and will be complete this week.

I'm also having beady visitors today, a visit from Najat who attended last years Beading by the Bay and is an excellent beader. Then sometime this week, when Stephney arrives from England. We haven't met, but have corresponded through email. Meeting in person is always wonderful and I look forward to it. Originally her and friend Rachel were interested in the Beadventure originally scheduled for Santa Barbara. When that got moved in favor of New York next October, they decided to plan a Califorina trip anyways. It seems that beads are going global!

I uploaded a few more German photos for your viewing pleasure.

From the train window the German countryside, between Cologne and Frankfurt, charming. I often think I could live here.
A tree lined walking path along the River Rhine in Frankfurt, where we enjoyed a lovely stroll in crisp fall air and I was reminded of how much I miss a proper fall.

The modern decor at Pearl, our hotel for our pre-flight evening in Frankfort



and finally, as I settled into my 'cozy' window seat next to Mark and beaded for several hours, I happened to glance out the window in time to see the snow covered mountains of Greenland beneath us.



I'll be getting serious about finishing up some projects and beginning illustration for the book over the next couple of weeks, but I'll check in. And now the studio needs some tidying up for my beady guests.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I used to travel to Koln often and have enjoyed your blog of the time there. International travel is one of the things I miss most about not working in the Corporate world any longer.