Monday, August 6, 2012

Cubic Right Angle Weave

I've been playing with CRAW, making shapes which is an excellent property of this stitch.  It's fluid and pliable and lends itself to both curves and angles.


As you can see I'm not finished, 6 more crystals to wire wrap.  The color is fern ab2x and I love the little brass heishi beads from Tierra Cast.  There's more, a pretty little pearl and crystal studded shape the pendant dangles from and a simple bail.  Next up is sorting out the best necklace, simple, but not entirely plain.  I'll keep you posted, especially when I name it something besides CRAW pendant.  It has an art nouveau look to it, so I'll be looking to that genre for some naming influence.

5 comments:

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Beautiful! Love the fresh colors of those crystals.

Helen said...

I've also been doing a little playing around with CRAW but except for a pair of earrings, I haven't put anything together yet. The earrings started out as a rectangle. Having 3 sides done - one short and two long, instead of making the 2nd short side, I joined the 2 long sides. This is hard to explain. Anyway, I love what you've come up with here and I also use those cute little brass beads and in silver-tone as well.
I always look forward to seeing your lovely new creations.

sue said...

"Playing around" .... the most beautiful delightful colors and stitch worked by an expert!!!!

Unknown said...

CRAW is my personal fav stitch ... I like what you've done and look forward to the finished piece .. I'm yet to work with Fern AB2x ... it's impossible to get that colour here in Australia!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Thanks all!