Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Girlfriends and Memories

Memories of Istanbul that is....Here are Judy of Judy Patuti and Susan from the Grove (Swellsknits) who came for a visit yesterday.  We played with beads all day, stopping to pose with a shot of the bracelet.  Miss Maya is not one to miss out hopping into the chair for a little pet, so once again she is posed with the 'crown'.



Pop over to Susan's blog to see the next thing I think Miss Malayna needs in her wardrobe.  Isn't that a darn cute little skirt and looks like a pretty easy knit.  I got stalled on Malayna's latest sweater due to some technical challenges and some lack of time.  I'm not sure if I'll pick it back up in time for it to fit her.  I've moved on, and am thinking lace dress might be next up, we'll see.

Susan and Judy weren't originally beaders, Judy being darn good with the fabric and Susan a non stop knitter, but they've fallen under the spell and yesterday we worked on a joint project, something pretty and sparkly. Judy brought me my new favorite bead mat (I did not beg, I promise), from this years collection.  Twice a year Judy picks new fabrics and creates a new collection, and there are several I fall in love with every time....yes I have a few bead mats....and a few thread catchers, butI am a beader after all.

Today I need to be in high gear to get ready for this weekends travel, so I'll leave you until tomorrow, when I'll bring you more adventures of the traveling bracelet!


2 comments:

Helen said...

What a wonderful day with friends...seems you all had a blast.

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

What fun! and that skirt is adorable - I'll bet it would knit up quick as a flash.