Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Beading interrupt

Yep, I've tried to bead but it is one of those periods of time where the vision and the actual are not meeting in the middle.....and really those are good, although possibly frustrating times.

They are good because they push me to think through solutions and not rely on the tried and true. This usually results in better work, more innovative, thoughtful and structurally sound work. I appreciate that, but.....

I was hoping this bit of downtime would yield more finished work. Last night I went to bead a component that I had already done one of, surely that would yield success, but no I didn't get the same result. Sigh.

So today I will travel to New York city, wander around Bryant Park, have a look at the Macy's windows, visit the garment district and give my brain a bead rest. With the exception of maybe buying a few beads.



3 comments:

The bad Liz said...

Time off is a good thing. Relax, window shop, look for some patterns, textiles and color that are pleasing to you. Breathe deep, enjoy the fall.....

The bad Liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marcia DeCoster said...

Thanks friend!