Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The California Coast

Another year of Beading by the Bay came to an end....it is one of my favorite weeks of every year and I was sad to say goodbye to so many friends.

This time however I made the party continue by inviting Sabine to travel the California coast with me.  We did a bit of yarn shopping on the way and Sabine has been busy in the yarn room, with the yarn winder going full time.

We first stopped in Cambria at the Ball and Skein which was a delightful shop run by a a delightful couple.  I should have taken their photos, but sadly I didn't.  They had a vast stash of Alchemy yarns which are quite beautiful and I added to my stash.  I bought Alchemy Lost and Found several years back and have a silk and wool scarf planned with my purchases.

I also bought some gorgeous hand dyed baby blank yarn, and some Noro with which to make a pair of hand warmers ala Sabine.

A stop at Creative Castle to introduce Sabine to the store, store owner Carole and Sabine met previously at Bead and Button.  Just a few miles down the road at West Lake boulevard we stopped at The Natural Cafe for a healthy and delicious meal.

Not being sure we had bought quite enough yarn, we stopped again at the Black Sheep.  We of course would not be complete unless we managed to swing by the Grove, and it just so happens they have a Pagewood farm trunk show this weekend....

Today we will take Sabine over to Coronado for a chance to dip her toe in the Pacific Ocean.  The weather is mid 80's and the perfect day for a lunch at the beach.

On the bead front I've been playing with all the components for the master class which are now starting to show up in color!  The first set were all done in the neutral platinum pallet, but of course there will be multiple color options.  Just one of the many arrangements I've played with.


This weekend 12 women will join Sabine for 2 workshops in my home studio after which we'll both return to the reality of the at home bead artist, during which my full attention will be turned to Master Class preparation.  The write up on the bead and button show site is the short description of the fun we'll be having.  If you are interested I am happy to talk with you in detail about what we'll be doing.  Session I is full but there is still room in session II.

5 comments:

Stampin and More said...

Wow it' s beatifull.....

Hugs Heike

Las Cositas de Lyra said...

Lovely!!!

swellknits said...

So glad you're coming to the Grove for the Pagewood Farm trunk show!!! Robin's pulling together as much fiber as she can fit in her car (I'm hoping she drives a Suburban or some other large vehicle!). And she's bringing some new silk scarf kits that are spectacular for Spring. See you Saturday!

Silvì said...

Fantastico pendente!

Diane said...

I like this color palate. I like the bright colors! So looking forward to this. It will be after I go to the pain management rehabilitation program (insurance permitting). Then I'll get a chance to rest up before heading to B&B.