Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One of those days….

You know the one's, those days you really shouldn't be beading because nothing is going right, but you keep beading anyway?

All I wanted to do was connect this Judie Mountain arrowhead to the bottom of a beaded pendant.   You would think that would be easy.  I mean it should have been.

First time around I chose the wrong two points to attach to….ones that were not directly opposite the two that the top medallion was connected to.



This mistake caused the arrowhead to bend at a 45 degree angle from the top of the pendant, not so attractive…..I cut if off and began again.  This time I securely attached two lengths of size 15 right angle weave….and realized I had attached the arrowhead backwards!  Really….you would think that maybe I would be beyond such silly mistakes.  At this point the poor size 15 gold beads had been thrashed with too much thread so I needed to rip them back and replace them before attempting a third time. 

On a good note, Cindy Holsclaw was impressed that my count was 11 points around because apparently designing in prime numbers is a good thing!

 It's done, I'm happy and now I think I will pick up some knitting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL beading in prime numbers!

Kerrie Slade said...

I can so identify with this Marcia. My January 15th was much the same as yours with needles snapping, colour rubbing off beads and me making silly mistakes! So far my January 16th is going much better and I hope yours does too!

Kerrie x

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Oh, yes! It is amazing how many ways there are to do something wrong…and some days, how many times I can make the same mistake over and over again...