Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mixed media a collage

Sometimes I take a moment out and attend a class in something that looks fun. This Sunday I joined the San Diego Bead Society's class by Carla Fox, a mixed media artist from Oregon. I missed her talk but heard it was inspiring.

 

Carla suggested materials to bring and was generous in providing things to add to the mix.

I cut up old clothes for my fabrics and augmented just a tiny bit with a trip to the fabric store. Beads were of course no problem and I brought along a fair number of other trinkets.

 
Carla had a lovely way of sharing her design process while walking us through the techniques and talking us through her thought processes. It ended up being a lovely outing and I came away with this colorful corsage. The half moon belonged to my Mom and I've always wanted to use it in something.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: